Share This On:
This policy statement follows the Debate on the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure which took place on April 29 and 30, 2014.
This year’s budget statement will focus on reducing the deficit and promoting investment. Consistent with public statements made by the Prime Minister over the past few weeks, government is expected to announce adjustment measures aimed at reducing expenditure and increasing the efficiency of the collection of revenue.
According to Prime Minister Anthony, “Notwithstanding the economic adjustments that are vitally necessary, there may very well be surprise announcements that will be welcomed as timely policy measures.”
The statement will be aired live on the National Television Network (NTN) (www.govt.lc) and RSL 97 (www.rslonline.com) from 5 p.m. today.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019
- Saint Lucia government approves barrel concessions October 21, 2019
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s seamoss rebranded October 16, 2019
- St. Lucia Business Awards nominees revealed October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia government updates minibus sector on road plans October 15, 2019