Share This On:
This policy statement follows the Debate on the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure which took place on April 29 and 30, 2014.
This year’s budget statement will focus on reducing the deficit and promoting investment. Consistent with public statements made by the Prime Minister over the past few weeks, government is expected to announce adjustment measures aimed at reducing expenditure and increasing the efficiency of the collection of revenue.
According to Prime Minister Anthony, “Notwithstanding the economic adjustments that are vitally necessary, there may very well be surprise announcements that will be welcomed as timely policy measures.”
The statement will be aired live on the National Television Network (NTN) (www.govt.lc) and RSL 97 (www.rslonline.com) from 5 p.m. today.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Notice: SLASPA extended operating hours December 6, 2019
- ICAO – International Civil Aviation Day statement December 6, 2019
- Alvina Reynolds launches her first book December 5, 2019
- Closure of CSA Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Entrepreneurs well pleased about ISL’s southern meet-up December 5, 2019