Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Prime Minister Dr. Kenny D. Anthony and members of the Cabinet of Ministers continue to meet representatives of the private sector and civil society, to engage in discussions on the performance of Saint Lucia’s economy over the past year as well as to share and receive proposals aimed at stabilising the fiscal position of the country.
The consultations, which commenced prior to the 2014/2015 Budget Statement, with a Retreat on the economy in January 2014 and a meeting with public sector union representatives on May 2, 2014, will continue this week.
On Tuesday, May 27, 2014, Prime Minister Anthony, as well as other members of the Cabinet of Ministers and officials from the Ministry of Finance, will meet with the executive of the National Youth Council (NYC). While this will be the prime minister’s third meeting with the NYC, since assuming office, this will be the first meeting dedicated to discussing matters related to the economy.
The prime minister and Cabinet of Ministers will also meet with the General Council of the National Council on Public Transportation, to provide a briefing on the economic challenges facing Saint Lucia at this time. Likewise, members will have an opportunity to hear from and ask questions of the officials from the Ministry of Finance, who will be presenting a review on the economy. This meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 4, 2014.
Invitations have also been sent to the Saint Lucia Christian Council as well as the Small Business Association, so that a similar exercise can be undertaken. Meanwhile, the Government of Saint Lucia continues to engage the public sector unions as well as private sector representatives, in an effort to arrive at consensus on the way forward.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019