Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Prime Minister Allen M. Chastanet’s will deliver his statement to the General Debate of the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 74) on Friday, September 27, 2019.
The prime minister will speak to the strides made by Saint Lucia and our country’s development agenda.
Prime Minister Chastanet will continue to champion the cause of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) as it relates to the impact of climate change and the ongoing lobby efforts to enable the access to funds for resilience building.
The prime minister is also expected to make an announcement regarding a first for Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucians are encouraged to view the prime minister’s UNGA address which is expected to air live between 3:30 – 4 p.m. on the National Television Network (NTN) and can be accessed via http://webtv.un.org/.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM