Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Prime Minister Allen M. Chastanet spoke yesterday at a high-level panel on “The Caribbean in a Changing Geopolitical Environment and the Future of Multilateralism” as part of the 2019 Caribbean Forum on Regional Transformation for Inclusive and Sustainable Growth.
Prime Minister Chastanet spoke at the afternoon session of the one-day forum organized by the government of Barbados, the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
The event convened senior policymakers, public, private, and multilateral development partners to explore avenues for regional transformation to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth.
Panel discussions focused on leveraging institutional arrangements to boost regional integration, countries and developing partners working together to build structural, financial, and post-disaster resilience, and on taxation in the tourism sector and developing an appropriate approach to tax incentives.
Panelists at the high-level discussion included Prime Minister Mia Mottley of Barbados and Prime Minister Timothy Harris of St. Kitts and Nevis, as well as Warren Smith, president of the CDB, and the IMF’s Alejandro Werner.
CARICOM Ambassador Elma Gene Isaac also represented Saint Lucia.
The discussion drew views from experts on how Caribbean countries and the region as a whole should navigate potentially troubled waters, and what might be the best available policy options to go forward.
For more information this conference please visit: https://www.imf.org/en/News/Seminars/Conferences/2019/10/24/2019-caribbean-forum
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM