Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Prime Minister Allen M. Chastanet spoke yesterday at a high-level panel on “The Caribbean in a Changing Geopolitical Environment and the Future of Multilateralism” as part of the 2019 Caribbean Forum on Regional Transformation for Inclusive and Sustainable Growth.
Prime Minister Chastanet spoke at the afternoon session of the one-day forum organized by the government of Barbados, the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
The event convened senior policymakers, public, private, and multilateral development partners to explore avenues for regional transformation to achieve sustainable and inclusive growth.
Panel discussions focused on leveraging institutional arrangements to boost regional integration, countries and developing partners working together to build structural, financial, and post-disaster resilience, and on taxation in the tourism sector and developing an appropriate approach to tax incentives.
Panelists at the high-level discussion included Prime Minister Mia Mottley of Barbados and Prime Minister Timothy Harris of St. Kitts and Nevis, as well as Warren Smith, president of the CDB, and the IMF’s Alejandro Werner.
CARICOM Ambassador Elma Gene Isaac also represented Saint Lucia.
The discussion drew views from experts on how Caribbean countries and the region as a whole should navigate potentially troubled waters, and what might be the best available policy options to go forward.
For more information this conference please visit: https://www.imf.org/en/News/Seminars/Conferences/2019/10/24/2019-caribbean-forum
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM