Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Allen Chastanet has said 2019 is a “very important” year for Saint Lucia, urging the public not to get distracted because the “real enemies” are crime and poverty.
Chastanet comments — posted on his official Facebook page recently — surrounds his recent meeting between him and officials from the Ministry of Finance and a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
He wrote: “This is going to be a very important year for our country. We must not allow ourselves to get distracted and remember always that poverty, deprivation, crime, under-development and critically lost opportunities are the
real enemies. These are the things our Government policies and the 2019/2020 budget are designed to address.”
The prime minister said for Saint Lucia to be successful collectively “we must strive for excellence, always. We must take advantage of the opportunities before us and continuously lift each other up”.
He called on “all Saint Lucians” to support the efforts being made in education, sports reform, fighting crime, food security, safeguarding the environment and assisting the most vulnerable.
“After 40 years, we must have learned by now that we are stronger when we work together, when we are All-in!” Chastanet concluded.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM