Share This On:
The United Kingdom High Commission has awarded a grant to Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia Inc. to conduct a review and training program to benefit front line social service agencies workers who deal with women and children who are victim’s of gender based violence.
On January 17th & 18th, 2017, a two day consultation was held to discuss, document and review the processes and procedures used when dealing with victims of gender based violence. The information gathered was compiled in a booklet and reviewed at a consultation on June 19th, 2017.
On August 7th & 8th, 2017, at the conference room of the New Financial Centre, Point Seraphine, Castries from 8:30 am, a training session will be hosted for front line social services agencies employees and volunteers of CSO’s and NGO’s in an effort to provide improved services to victims of gender based violence.
The facilitator for the project is Professor Lori K. Sudderth, Ph.D. Professor of Criminal Justice, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT USA.
More General Stories
- Saint Lucia Writers Forum to host its third Rising Author Recognition November 22, 2019
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019
- Central Statistical office launches slogan competitions November 20, 2019
- Eleven receive OBE honors November 19, 2019
- Observance of International Men’s Day November 19, 2019
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019