Share This On:
Micoud Carnival Committee says its 2017 Launch last Sunday, 11th June 2017, was a success. Committee Chairperson, Ms. Brenda Paul, notes that judging the large number of people in attendance and the high level of enthusiasm portrayed from both the patrons and performers, “the committee deemed the event a success.”
The launch was held at the Micoud Multipurpose Court. Apart from a late start and minor glitches, the event went on smoothly with zero violence recorded.
Ms. Paul added that the entire Micoud community was happy about the first-hand experience to see the costumes and get a preview of the band package ahead of the Parade of the Bands, as well catch a glimpse of the Pageant contestants. Ms. Paul states: “The Committee believes that the 2017 Carnival is off to a great start.”
This year’s theme for is “ANNOU ALE`: Our journey continues”.
By all account, the event fulfilled its objective: patrons received a treat with appearances of three of the four adult Bands, three of four Junior Carnival bands and the five Carnival Queen Pageant Contestants. There were also performances from the St. Lucy Steel Pan, local artists: Pa-pa, General Bakes, Mouvement as well as national artist like Erza, Subance, Dennery Segment, Dj HP and others.
The Adult Bands participating in this year’s parade:
• River Bank Patriots Carnival Band– Climate Change “adapting to the changing Climate”
• Infinite White Carnival Band- Judgment day “Good and Bad Angel”
• Jr. Love Carnival Band- Loves of Life
• Mouvent Carnival Band- The Band of Insanes
The Junior Bands Participating in this year’s Parade:
• Micoud Primary School
• Micoud Secondary School
• Mon Repos Combined School
• Ti Rocher Micoud Combined School
Pageant Contestants in this year’s Micoud Carnival Queen:
• Miss Tasha Fanus from the community of Micoud
• Miss Dahila Jn Baptiste from the community of Dugard
• Miss Sylvia Charlemagne from the community of Malgretoute
• Miss Kiana Louisy from the community of Ti Rocher
• Miss Frania Daniel from the community of Desruisseaux
In a continuing effort to involve all communities in Micoud in the 2017 Carnival, the Carnival Committee has hosted a Carnival Train on June 04th 2017. The Train started at Praslin and made its way through the communities of Mon Repos, Micoud, Dugard, Ti Rocher and Desruisseaux.
This, too, was another successful event that created awareness and involvement in Carnival.
More Entertainment Stories
- Machel marries today February 14, 2020
- Saveion selected to write official Independence 41 theme song February 13, 2020
- Saint Lucian goes to calypso finals in Dominica February 11, 2020
- OECS Music Talk held in Montserrat February 11, 2020
- Shem Meluce to launch new album in April February 7, 2020
- Nothing but a rumour – Kartel’s lawyer says no verdict received yet February 6, 2020
- Calypso Legacy Independence edition back again January 31, 2020
- Koffee says Grammy win for Best Reggae Album is for Jamaica January 27, 2020