Share This On:
Msgr. Dr. Patrick ‘Paba’ Anthony celebrated his 70th birthday on August 6th. Msgr Anthony is the Founder of the Folk Research Centre, which is 44 years old this year.
In recognition of his great contribution to St. Lucia’s social life in the areas of religion and culture, the Folk Research Centre will be hosting a cultural evening on Wednesday August 9th at 7 pm at the FRC Headquarters at Mount Pleasant.
Among other items on the programme, an announcement will be made regarding the renaming of the FRC after Msgr. Anthony; a manuscript of a handbook on St. Lucian culture to be dedicated to him will be presented, and a number of well-known St. Lucian cultural figures will be on hand to perform their work.
He became a Monsignor of the Catholic Church in 1984; was awarded the St. Lucia Cross in 2000; and was named a National Cultural hero by the FRC in 2013.
The Governor General, several government officials, members of the diplomatic corps and St. Lucians who have contributed to the cultural life of the nation have been invited.
- FRC reflects on contributions of late Caribbean cultural stalwarts
- Senator Belrose: “All In” Independence theme now a model in COVID-19 fight
- FRC postpones AGM due to coronavirus pandemic
- Cancellation of the 2020 FRC Saint Lucia Studies Conference
- Nobel Laureate Festival Celebrating Excellence: Vision 20/20 excels
- Walcott Open House
- Nobel Laureate Festival to launch, Wednesday
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day
- Valuing our heritage: Through the eyes of communities