Share This On:
The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Centre (UWISRC) said preliminary reports indicate that a 4.2 magnitude earthquake was felt close to Barbados at around 11:57 a.m. (July 22).
Depth: 10 km
147 km NE of Bridgetown, Barbados
276 km E of Castries, Saint Lucia
298 km ESE of Fort-de-France, Martinique
The UWISRC said This event has NOT been reviewed by an analyst. It was automatically located by a seismological computational system. The data is now being processed.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Pastor’s body abandoned at funeral home October 18, 2019
- Jamaica: Baby falls to floor from woman’s womb October 18, 2019
- Pilot survives plane crash in Guyana October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Man sodomized and murdered 4-year-old stepson October 18, 2019
- Guyana: Ex-soldier found guilty of beheading uncle October 18, 2019
- Guyana imports over $10.9 billion in snacks: minister October 18, 2019
- Woman killed as gunmen storm south coast home in Trinidad October 18, 2019