Share This On:
Saint Lucia almost recorded another homicide.
A pregnant woman was stabbed in the chest by a “known male” in Marchand, Castries early Sunday morning, April 16, according to relatives and official sources.
Nadia John, 35, who is about six to seven month’s pregnant, is currently in serious but stable condition at Victoria Hospital.
The mother of five was allegedly stabbed by her younger sister’s ex-boyfriend around 1:56 a.m. Sunday during an entertainment event in the inner-city community.
Curlin John, one of Nadia’s sisters, said though she was not present when the incident occurred, she received information from her three sisters, including the injured one, who were present.
Curlin went on to explain that according to information received, her younger sister, Mervina John, who is about 21 years old, was at the bar liming with her two sisters when her ex-boyfriend approached her.
Mervina allegedly refused to entertain her ex and this led to a physical altercation which prompted the pregnant sister (Nadia) to intervene, Curlin told SNO.
“She (Nadia) went to put for her,” Curlin said.
It was during this time that Nadia allegedly sustained the stab wound. Curlin said a female friend “ran home” and informed her about the incident as soon as it happened.
Nadia’s baby is not in any danger, Curlin told SNO.
“She (her sister) is doing ok but she is still at VH (Victoria Hospital),” Curlin added.
A police source confirmed that Nadia was stabbed during a physical altercation with a “known male” who is still at large.
The source said the suspect was in a relationship with one of the persons involved in the dispute that occurred near a bar in the community, but could not provide additional details at this time.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM