Share This On:
Ricky T has successfully defended his Power Soca Monarch title, dedicating his 2019 win to his daughter.
“This one is actually for my daughter. She told me daddy go and win that one for me, so this one is basically for my daughter,” he told reporters after collecting his trophy and crown. His winning song was entitled Mess.
Second place went to Ezra D’Fun Machine who scored 355 points with the song Touchdown; third place went to Mantius who scored 340 points with Fire Under My Feet, and fourth place went to Pablo, scoring 339 points with Keisha.
“Well, I feel great, I feel great,” Ricky T told reporters. “It was amazing tonight. The fans came out to support all the artistes.”
The veteran singer used the opportunity to ‘big up’ fellow artiste Pablo, his fans, as well as the media.
“I am a guy not good with many words but thanks again for what y’all did. I appreciate the people who came out to support…. I feel great… I find I did a great job,” he said.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM