Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Potholing Unit of the Department of Infrastructure was very active this past weekend, remedying several defects along the islands ageing road network.
Having successful rid the west coast road from Praslin to Vieux Fort of potholes, workers on Sunday focused their attention on sections the Millennium Highway and Morne Fortune.
Head of the Potholing Unit Mr Triburtius Roberts explains that the potholing or patch works as commonly referred to in local parlance, is an essential interim measure to keep the roads safe for commuters. He says the Department of Infrastructure cannot allow the road conditions to deteriorate even as the country prepares for an unprecedented Roads Programme which will completely reconstruct many major roads around the island.
A robust work programme is scheduled for the coming weeks, bringing upgrades to primary roads around the country, with an emphasis on Anse La Raye/Canaries, Soufriere, Saltibus, Choiseul, Banse Laborie, Vieux Fort, sections of Micoud and the northern district of Gros Islet.
The Head of the Potholing Unit is also reassuring citizens that every effort is being made to guarantee top quality and value for dollar on all works undertaken.
In addition to regular quality control checks with material suppliers, the Materials Laboratory of the Department of Infrastructure conducts regular testing on project sites to ensure contractors adhere to specifications.
The Department of Infrastructure thanks motorists for their support and patience during the execution of various road works. The upgrades will continue and citizens are encouraged to notify the Department of roads which require fixing.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM