Share This On:
(SNO) – Work at several establishments and educational facilities on L’Anse Road was halted on Friday due to a potential gas leak.
The area was also evacuated.
Unconfirmed reports suggest it may be carbon monoxide.
Students from the Camille Henry Memorial School and workers from the Water and Sewage Company Inc (WASCO) were told to leave the area.
According to reports, two people have been hospitalized but this has not been officially confirmed.
H&L Environmental Service is investigating the incident.
The fire service was also alerted and as of press time was still on the scene.
More information will be published as it becomes available.
- More St. Lucians return home Saturday
- Two males shot and chopped by gang in Soufriere
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism