Share This On:
(SNO) – Work at several establishments and educational facilities on L’Anse Road was halted on Friday due to a potential gas leak.
The area was also evacuated.
Unconfirmed reports suggest it may be carbon monoxide.
Students from the Camille Henry Memorial School and workers from the Water and Sewage Company Inc (WASCO) were told to leave the area.
According to reports, two people have been hospitalized but this has not been officially confirmed.
H&L Environmental Service is investigating the incident.
The fire service was also alerted and as of press time was still on the scene.
More information will be published as it becomes available.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM