Share This On:
(SNO) — A male suspect sustained gunshot wounds and at least one police officer sustained minor injuries during an incident in Belle Vue, Choiseul on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 15, according to reports.
The suspect, identified as Zephrinus Jn Baptiste of Belle Vue, Choiseul, who is believed to be in his 40’s, has been hospitalised in stable condition.
Reports reaching our newsroom are that the police went to Jn Baptiste’s residence to investigate a report in which the suspect is alleged to have threatened to kill a man.
It is further alleged that the suspect attacked one of the cops, and during the tussle, he sustained gunshot wounds to his arm and legs.
“He threatened to kill a man, police came to talk to him. Instead, he came out and fight with one of the officers,” a source said. “The man is an aggressive individual. He attacked the officer. Everyone saw it.”
According to reports, it was also a struggle to get the man into the ambulance who later transported him to St. Jude Hospital.
At least one officer complained of aches about his body.
“The officer went to St. Jude to get treated. He had an x-ray to do,” the source added.
The suspect is allegedly of unsound mind and his gunshot wounds are reportedly not life threatening.
The incident is said to have occurred around 2:30 p.m.
More information later.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools