Share This On:
(SNO) — A male suspect sustained gunshot wounds and at least one police officer sustained minor injuries during an incident in Belle Vue, Choiseul on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 15, according to reports.
The suspect, identified as Zephrinus Jn Baptiste of Belle Vue, Choiseul, who is believed to be in his 40’s, has been hospitalised in stable condition.
Reports reaching our newsroom are that the police went to Jn Baptiste’s residence to investigate a report in which the suspect is alleged to have threatened to kill a man.
It is further alleged that the suspect attacked one of the cops, and during the tussle, he sustained gunshot wounds to his arm and legs.
“He threatened to kill a man, police came to talk to him. Instead, he came out and fight with one of the officers,” a source said. “The man is an aggressive individual. He attacked the officer. Everyone saw it.”
According to reports, it was also a struggle to get the man into the ambulance who later transported him to St. Jude Hospital.
At least one officer complained of aches about his body.
“The officer went to St. Jude to get treated. He had an x-ray to do,” the source added.
The suspect is allegedly of unsound mind and his gunshot wounds are reportedly not life threatening.
The incident is said to have occurred around 2:30 p.m.
More information later.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM