Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On Friday, July 19, 2019, about 8:25 p.m. two off duty police officers intervened during an apparent attempted robbery of two individuals, along the Bexon Highway.
The officers stopped to assist after having observed a male and female being held at gunpoint by two males.
Upon doing so, the males (who were observed by officers attempting to rob the couple), proceeded to discharge their firearms in the direction of the officers.
An exchange of gunfire ensued, resulting in one of the males sustaining a gunshot injury to the leg, whilst one officer sustained an injury to the stomach.
The injured male was admitted to a local medical facility and is in stable condition. The injured officer received medical attention and has since been discharged.
A nine millimeter firearm containing six rounds of ammunition was recovered by officers on the scene.
The second male was able to flee the area and remains at large.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Major Unit at 4563756 or the Crime Hotline at 45-CRIME (452-7463).
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM