Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are calling on the public to assist them with the islands latest homicide, the killing of businessman Syria national and Saint Lucia resident, Souheil Wassouf, in Jacmel/Anse La Raye on Monday.
In a release on Tuesday, police said anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the nearest police station, the Major Crime Unit at 456-3754, or the Crime Hotline at 45-CRIME/ 452-7463.
According to the release, on Monday, February 11, 2019, about 3 p.m. officers attached to the Anse La Raye Police Station responded to a report of a shooting at Jacmel, Anse La Raye.
Upon arrival, officers said they observed the “unresponsive body” of the 49-year-old resident of Rodney Heights, Gros Islet, outside his minivan.
He was transported to Victoria Hospital via ambulance after “having allegedly sustained gunshot wounds” about his body, the release said.
“He was later formally pronounced dead by a medical practitioner. A post mortem examination is scheduled for a subsequent date,” the release added.
A senior law enforcement source told our newsroom that Wassouf’s death was execution-style, ruling out robbery.
Wassouf’s killing is the fourth homicide for 2019.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff