Share This On:
(SNO) – Police have said they are investigating the death of popular sports personality and coach of Big Players Football Club, Cassius “Cassy Boom” Glasgow as a homicide.
His body was found at his home on Monday, reportedly with a gunshot wound to the head.
His death was Saint Lucia’s first homicide for 2020.
“We can confirm that there is a homicide under investigation,” ACP Wayne Charlery told reporters at the scene on Monday morning, adding that there was no further comments.
Police Press Officer, Ann Joseph said Glasgow’s body was found around 8:00 am at his home in Cedars, Castries with an “apparent gunshot injury.”
“This is the first recorded homicide for the year 2020,” she said.
Glasgow was well-known and well-loved in his community and many has expressed outrage at his passing.
One of his colleagues, Canis Dujon, told the media that his loss is a sad moment for him and the entire community.
He said the coaches death will touch a lots of hearts, especially of the young people.
“We have coached the Marchand Senior Team,” he stated. “We have tried to build back the community to a lot of stigma people have had in their mind. So his death, trust me, is very hurtful, very, very hurtful.”
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM