Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting incident at Wilton’s Yard, Castries.
On Sunday August 19, 2018 about 7:29pm, officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department responded to a report of a shooting incident at Wilton’s Yard, Castries.
Upon arrival, officers were informed that the victim Stephen Francis, a 47 year old resident of Wilton’s Yard, Castries had been transported to the Victoria Hospital via a private vehicle.
The victim later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.
No one has been arrested in relation to this incident. Investigations are continuing in this matter.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled for a later date.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to appeal to anyone with information to contact the Major Crime Unit at 456 3756 or the Criminal Investigations Department at 456 3770.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM