Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting incident at Wilton’s Yard, Castries.
On Sunday August 19, 2018 about 7:29pm, officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department responded to a report of a shooting incident at Wilton’s Yard, Castries.
Upon arrival, officers were informed that the victim Stephen Francis, a 47 year old resident of Wilton’s Yard, Castries had been transported to the Victoria Hospital via a private vehicle.
The victim later succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.
No one has been arrested in relation to this incident. Investigations are continuing in this matter.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled for a later date.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to appeal to anyone with information to contact the Major Crime Unit at 456 3756 or the Criminal Investigations Department at 456 3770.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM