Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding a shooting incident at Agard Lands in Morne Du Don, Castries which resulted in the death of two males.
On Monday August 20, 2018 about 4:00pm, officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department responded to a report of a shooting incident.
As a consequence of the shooting;
Miguel Charlery, a 25 year old resident of Balata succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by a medical practitioner;
Barry Leonce, a 31 year old resident of Morne Du Don was transported to the Victoria Hospital where he later succumbed and was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.
Two other individuals sustained gunshot wounds and are receiving medical treatment at a medical institution. They are presently in a stable condition.
No one has been arrested in relation to this incident. Investigations are continuing in this matter.
A post mortem examination will be scheduled for a later date.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to appeal to anyone with information to contact the Major Crime Unit at 456 3756 or the Criminal Investigations Department at 456 3770.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools