Share This On:
A police officer is mourning the loss of his son, who was fatally shot in Soufriere early Saturday morning Oct. 12.
Sheldon Leon, who, according to his Facebook profile is a ‘patrol officer’ with the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force, is calling for justice for his son, who was shot around 1 a.m.
“Rest in peace Shalomn but I will not rest even if it has to cost me my life. Justice for Shalomn Justice I will not rest,” he wrote on his Facebook profile on Saturday afternoon.
Police have not released an official statement on the shooting, however, according to reports from various sources in the community, the shooting occurred during an altercation at a community event.
It is further reported that two persons sustained wounds and one was pronounced dead at a hospital. It is not known if the injured person was involved in the altercation or if anyone has been formally arrested for the shooting.
However, one person told St. Lucia News News Online that it was “a fight” that led to the shooting. What the fight was about is not yet known.
“It was a fight then during the fight some shots were fired,” the source said.
No additional details were available.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM