Share This On:
(SNO) — The police say they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of Dandra Phillip, a 23-year-old resident of Independence City, Castries.
They say they are also investigating a shooting incident in Ciceron.
According to a statement from the police, officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department received a report of a lifeless body, about 6:15 a.m. on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at Cedars, Castries.
Investigations revealed Phillip sustained multiple gunshot wounds about the body.
He was taken to the Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner.
Concerning the incident at Ciceron, the police said on Sunday, November 18, 2018 about 3:47 p.m., officers attached to the Criminal Investigations Department proceeded to the Victoria Hospital where they encountered the victim.
He reported a known male for discharging several rounds of ammunition in his direction, hitting him about the body.
He received medical treatment and is reported to be in a stable condition.
Investigations are continuing into both matters.
The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to appeal to anyone with information to contact the Criminal Investigations Department at 456-3770.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools