Share This On:
(SNO) – Lawmen are presently investigating the death of a prisoner who was found hanging in bathroom at the Laborie Police Station on Saturday.
The dead man has been identified as Shem Sinaise of Laborie.
At a press briefing, Superintendent of Police, George Nicholas, said Sinaise was charged by the Vieux Fort Police with stealing and causing harm.
“He was kept at Laborie Police Station,” he explained. “Some time in the afternoon (on Saturday) he asked to use the bathroom and he was given time to use the bathroom.”
He stated that a few minutes later an officer when to check on Sinaise and found him hanging from a window in the bathroom.
Nicholas stated that the dead man was transported to the Laborie Police Station because the one in Vieux Fort was relocated because of “some issues” there.
“The new location has no cell accommodation,” he stated, adding that the police now take prisoners to Laborie, Micoud or Choiseul.
Nicholas was tight-lipped on some questions posed by the media saying they might cloud the investigation into the matter.
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM