Share This On:
In the latest incident, which occurred on Tuesday, Dec. 4, officers attached to the Marine and Drug Units intercepted a St. Lucian vessel named “Sea Empress” off Maria Islet within the territorial waters of St. Lucia.
Police said the vessel was boarded and a search was conducted on it as well as its three occupants, all of whom are from Micoud.
The officers discovered two polythene bags and a round-shaped nylon parcel, each containing plant material suspected to be cannabis. The bags were found floating next to the vessel.
Consequently, all three individuals were arrested and taken into custody. Charges are expected to be laid against them later, police said.
In the first incident, which occurred last Sunday, Dec. 2, one man was shot when police intercepted a boat at sea containing suspected marijuana and four individuals on board including a St. Vincent national.
Police did not say who shot the man, but stated in a press release that “one of the occupants sustained a gunshot wound to the right upper thigh area and was transported to St. Jude’s Hospital where he was treated”.
Police said the boat, named ‘Jah Guide’, was “pursued and intercepted” at about 11:20 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012 by the Marine and Drug Unit off Moule A Chique, Vieux Fort within the territorial waters of St. Lucia.
It was further reported that 252 pounds of compressed “dry green plants” suspected to be marijuana was discovered on the boat when it was searched by the officers.
Police said all four persons were arrested and taken into custody, and the vessel, which is from Dennery, was seized.
Charges are expected to be laid against them soon, police said.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Woman in viral beating video gets $1,000 bail December 3, 2019
- Woman in viral video beating for shoes charged November 30, 2019
- Bruceville man shot dead November 30, 2019
- Homicide in Odsan November 28, 2019
- Relatives of missing Vieux Fort man appeal for assistance November 27, 2019
- PM Chastanet takes aim at crime November 27, 2019
- Castries Mayor wants citizens to exercise their powers of arrest November 25, 2019
- Vehicle stolen from parking lot behind CDC November 20, 2019
- Medicolegal and Forensic Symposium held in Saint Lucia November 19, 2019