Share This On:
(SNO) – The police on Monday was unable to give an update of a teenager who was arrested and charged for burglary recently.
The 15-year-old was filmed by a homeowner after he was caught in his house last week and apprehended. He reportedly had in his possession a cutlass, a knife and a mask.
The video was posted on social media and has since gone viral.
Reports indicate that he was charged and sent to Boys Training Centre in Massade, Gros Islet but MBC Prime is reporting that it’s sources have revealed he has since escaped.
At a press briefing on Monday, Superintendent George Nicholas, was asked about the matter but he could not give any further details.
“I have not followed up to find out the updates on that,” he stated. “I know he was brought to court, he was charged and brought to court,” he stated.
He explained that the law makes provisions for the treatment of a juvenile when he or she is arrested by the police, saying that he was first released into the care of his mother.
“And given the time of the arrest, we were not able to make the necessary arrangement to have the accommodation juvenile friendly, so to speak,” he said. “And that is why he was initially released into the care of his mother.”
The video has since initiated debate across the island over the exposure of the image of a minor.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020
- Police say death of football coach being treated as homicide January 14, 2020
- BREAKING NEWS: Popular sports personality shot and killed January 13, 2020
- Police arrest father in viral beating video January 9, 2020
- Bordelais inmate chopped up by another inmate: official January 7, 2020
- Burglar terrorizes Carellie, Castries family in broad daylight January 6, 2020
- Shooting in Gros Islet January 5, 2020