Share This On:
(SNO) – The police have taken into custody a father who was recorded violently beating his daughter in Dennery.
The video of the incident was uploaded to social media and it has since gone viral.
It caught the attention of the Vulnerable Persons Unit of the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force and an investigation was launched.
HTS News4Force is reporting that it has confirmed the man has been arrested.
As of Thursday, it is unclear whether the man was charged or what offenses he will be charged with.
The incident was widely condemned by many who described it as appalling and shameful.
Many took to social media to express their disgust.
“That’s how a Father Beats his child…. by Kicking her in her Face…. I hope they arrest his A**,” one person said on Facebook.
Others quoted scripture.
“Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the land which The Lord thy God givest thee. Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath,” another wrote.
Others believe that the person who recorded the incident should have taken it right to the police.
“Don’t make it worse for the young girl,” one person said.
- George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US
- ‘Saint Lucia will reopen its borders this week to visitors and nationals’
- Third tropical system may develop before Atlantic Hurricane Season officially starts
- Jamaica: Herbs man says he has cure for COVID-19, every disease
- What happened in the last moments of George Floyd’s life
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)