Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet will present the Social Stabilization Programme for Saint Lucia in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Government of Saint Lucia has been focused on containing the health pandemic locally, while at the same time, coping with and planning for, the economic and social impacts.
Over the past few weeks, the Government of Saint Lucia has been meeting with various sectors of the society to get their input on the first phase of the COVID-19 Social Stabilization Programme.
The prime minister explains that this first Programme aims to bring immediate support and relief to those who have lost their jobs and income-earning opportunities due to the effects of COVID-19 on the various sectors of the economy.
The plan will be presented on Wednesday, April 8, 2020 via NTN/GIS and other local radio and television stations from 8 p.m.
- BREAKING: Borders open June 4; visitors must present negative test, undergo quarantine
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30