Share This On:
Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Dr. Kenny D. Anthony is expected to travel to Trinidad on August 7, 2013 to attend the 15th meeting of the Council of Finance and Planning (COFAP) of CARICOM.
A press release states that the meeting will be centered on a “Framework for Growth and Development in CARICOM,” an issue raised by Prime Minister Anthony earlier this year, in which he lamented the “absence of a cohesive approach to the economic woes of the region”.
“At the time, Dr. Anthony called for a ‘big conversation’ on the future of the economies of CARICOM. The matter was discussed at the 34th regular meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government held in July, but the heads decided to widen the discussion to include other ministers for finance,” the release said.
“Other matters for discussion and action include the appointment of a chairperson for the Board of Directors of the CARICOM Development Fund (CDF) as well as the approval of the final text for the CARICOM Financial Services Agreement (CFSA),” it also stated.
Prime Minister Anthony will be accompanied by the acting budget director in the Ministry of Finance.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Saint Lucia National Trade Facilitation Roadmap January 23, 2020
- Super 6 just got bigger with more money to the jackpot January 23, 2020
- Family hotel in St Lucia helps family islands in Bahamas January 23, 2020
- Signing of the CARIFICO agreement January 21, 2020
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020