Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Prime Minister of Saint Lucia Hon. Allen M. Chastanet has kept his word to report back to the nation on his China visit. The island’s leader says he is very impressed and confident that the track record of Desert Star Holdings along with other equine investments is above board and in good standing.
Mr. Chastanet journeyed to the People’s Republic of China at the invitation of major investor and Chairman of Desert Star Holdings Limited Mr. Teo AhKing who has applied to establish a multi-billion dollar resort development in Saint Lucia. The Prime Minister says his host has proven to be very transparent.
“Mr. Ah Khing and his team have really opened themselves up to scrutiny and transparency. They welcome it and they understand that given the magnitude of the project they are proposing, questions must be asked.
Beyond that, they have invited me to every event and function that could possibly give the island extensive exposure. As Prime Minister, I believe valuable linkages were formed and should redound to some good opportunities for our economy”.
Prime Minister Chastanet was making specific reference to the opportunities for networking and meeting of investors. One such event was the 2016 China Equine Cultural Festival (CECF) which is a premier, lifestyle and thoroughbred racing festival in mainland China.
The event draws together captains of industry, leaders and international representatives of international thoroughbred centres as well as global media.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Signing of the CARIFICO agreement January 21, 2020
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020
- St. Lucian wins trip to Spain from Magnum Tonic Wine January 17, 2020
- ECCB hosts 4th Growth and Resilience Dialogue with Social Partners January 17, 2020
- UNESCO IPDC opens new project submission cycle January 16, 2020