Share This On:
(SNO) – Levern Spencer continues to be a shining example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish.
Those were the words of Prime Minister Allen Chastanet in congratulating Spencer who won her third consecutive Central American and Caribbean Games women’s high jump title last Thursday evening at the 23rd edition of the Games in Barranquilla, Colombia.
Spencer was the only jumper in the 13-woman final to clear 1.90 metres, extending her record as the most successful female high jumper ever from the English-speaking Caribbean.
Writing on his Facebook page on Friday, August 3, Chastanet said: “Congratulations to Levern Spencer on her gold medal win at the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games held in Barranquilla, Colombia.
“Levern continues to be a shining example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish. This win ins just months on the heels of her gold medal win at the Commonwealth Games in Australia.
“On behalf of my government and the people of Saint Lucia I would like to extend our sincerest appreciation for Levern putting Saint Lucia on the map once again.
“She continues to be a shining example to our youth and an inspiration to all aspiring athletes.”
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM