Share This On:
(SNO) – Levern Spencer continues to be a shining example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish.
Those were the words of Prime Minister Allen Chastanet in congratulating Spencer who won her third consecutive Central American and Caribbean Games women’s high jump title last Thursday evening at the 23rd edition of the Games in Barranquilla, Colombia.
Spencer was the only jumper in the 13-woman final to clear 1.90 metres, extending her record as the most successful female high jumper ever from the English-speaking Caribbean.
Writing on his Facebook page on Friday, August 3, Chastanet said: “Congratulations to Levern Spencer on her gold medal win at the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games held in Barranquilla, Colombia.
“Levern continues to be a shining example of what hard work and perseverance can accomplish. This win ins just months on the heels of her gold medal win at the Commonwealth Games in Australia.
“On behalf of my government and the people of Saint Lucia I would like to extend our sincerest appreciation for Levern putting Saint Lucia on the map once again.
“She continues to be a shining example to our youth and an inspiration to all aspiring athletes.”
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff