Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony has accepted an invitation from His Excellency Ma Ying Jeou, president of the Republic of China (Taiwan), to lead an eight member delegation on a visit to Taiwan from November 26-29. The delegation includes:
-Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony, Prime Minister & Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs,Planning & Social Security;
– Emma Hippolyte, Minister for Commerce, Business Development, Investment & Consumer Affairs;
– Shanta King, Consultant, St Jude Hospital Reconstruction Project, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Planning & National Development;
– Martin Satney, Consultant, Black Sigatoka Project, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Food & Rural Development;
– Calixte George, Administrative Attaché to the Prime Minister, Office of the Prime Minister;
– Jadia Jn Pierre-Emmanuel, Press Secretary to the Prime Minister, Office of the Prime Minister;
– Cuthbert Didier,Yachting Sector Consultant, Ministry of Tourism, Heritage & Creative Industries; and
– Rostan Taylor, Private Sector Representative & Chair of the Free Zone Authority.
During the visit, the team will pay a courtesy visit to President Ma, as well as H.E. David Y.L. Lin, Minister for Foreign Affairs, where Dr Anthony will be briefed on current developments in the Republic of China (Taiwan), and other matters of mutual interest.
This trip is Dr Anthony’s first visit to Taiwan and will present an opportunity for the formation of strategic alliances in the yachting sector, agriculture, as well as business development.
Dr. Anthony hopes to seek further assistance from the Government of the Republic of China (Taiwan) for the completion of the St. Jude’s Hospital and to explore the possibility of securing funds for the design and construction of a National Theatre Complex.