Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Industry and Small Business Association (SLISBA) has accepted an invitation from Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Dr. Kenny D. Anthony to participate in a consultation on Saint Lucia’s economic and fiscal challenges.
Similar to the consultations held initially with public sector unions, the Saint Lucia Media Association, the National Youth Council and the National Council on Public Transportation, the Ministry of Finance will present on Saint Lucia’s economic position and will put forward a case for wage adjustments. Thereafter, prime minister and the Cabinet of ministers will engage SLISBA to respond to questions and note suggestions.
Over the next few weeks, the prime minister and his team will continue to engage civil society groups and the general public to advise on the realities facing Saint Lucia and its ability to meet current obligations.
The government and SLISBA will meet today, Thursday, June 12, 2014 in the conference room of the Ministry of Infrastructure at 2 p.m.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020