Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Industry and Small Business Association (SLISBA) has accepted an invitation from Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Dr. Kenny D. Anthony to participate in a consultation on Saint Lucia’s economic and fiscal challenges.
Similar to the consultations held initially with public sector unions, the Saint Lucia Media Association, the National Youth Council and the National Council on Public Transportation, the Ministry of Finance will present on Saint Lucia’s economic position and will put forward a case for wage adjustments. Thereafter, prime minister and the Cabinet of ministers will engage SLISBA to respond to questions and note suggestions.
Over the next few weeks, the prime minister and his team will continue to engage civil society groups and the general public to advise on the realities facing Saint Lucia and its ability to meet current obligations.
The government and SLISBA will meet today, Thursday, June 12, 2014 in the conference room of the Ministry of Infrastructure at 2 p.m.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019