Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Industry and Small Business Association (SLISBA) has accepted an invitation from Prime Minister and Minister for Finance Dr. Kenny D. Anthony to participate in a consultation on Saint Lucia’s economic and fiscal challenges.
Similar to the consultations held initially with public sector unions, the Saint Lucia Media Association, the National Youth Council and the National Council on Public Transportation, the Ministry of Finance will present on Saint Lucia’s economic position and will put forward a case for wage adjustments. Thereafter, prime minister and the Cabinet of ministers will engage SLISBA to respond to questions and note suggestions.
Over the next few weeks, the prime minister and his team will continue to engage civil society groups and the general public to advise on the realities facing Saint Lucia and its ability to meet current obligations.
The government and SLISBA will meet today, Thursday, June 12, 2014 in the conference room of the Ministry of Infrastructure at 2 p.m.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020
- CCC and NWU mend wounds with help of Labour Department February 27, 2020
- Prime Minister’s Independence Ball to fund even more charities in 2020 February 27, 2020
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020
- CSA Executive Council elections – Deadline for nominations February 26, 2020
- Dream to Reality Course 2020 pilot February 25, 2020
- Squeeze Cash to offer Caribbean new multi-currency feature February 25, 2020