Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet has expressed his congratulations and best wishes to Her Excellency, Governor General Dame Calliopa Pearlette Louisy, on the occasion of her 70th birthday, today, June 8, 2016.
Her Excellency is presently in the United Kingdom to participate in official celebrations for the 90th birthday of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Dame Pearlette Louisy has been Her Majesty’s Vice Regal Representative in Saint Lucia for the past 19 years, the longest anyone has served in that position.
In the United Kingdom, along with other Governors General from the Queen’s realms, Dame Pearlette will attend a number of events, including a service of celebration and thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral on Friday, June 10.
Locally, the Office of the Governor General will celebrate these two milestones with a Service of Celebration at the Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception on June 17, and a Charity Event, a Vintage Garden Party on Sunday, July 19. Her Excellency is to return to Saint Lucia on June 13.
More General Stories
- Saint Lucia Electoral Department exhibition ends October 21, 2019
- German government aids WASCO October 21, 2019
- Blanchard Community Center to be rehabilitated October 13, 2019
- Meeting mom doesn’t always mean you’re ‘wifey’ October 12, 2019
- SLASPA conducts simulation exercise at Castries seaport October 10, 2019