Share This On:
Saint Lucia Carnival is in high gear: It’s the second day of the Parade of Bands.
And Prime Minister Allen Chastanet wants us to be safe.
Chastanet, writing on his official Facebook post on Monday, wished everyone a fun but safe carnival.
“Wishing all the carnival bands, revelers and spectators a safe and enjoyable 2 days of partying,” he wrote.
But the prime minister urged everyone to put safety first.
“Always remember that your safety and that of those around you comes first!,” Chastanet said.
The prime minister’s safety advice comes as the island records another serious accident.
On Monday morning, a Dennery minibus overturned in Bexon injuring at least eight people, and on Sunday, also in Bexon, a sports utility vehicle (SUV) overturned and landed between two houses after hitting a parked SUV.
Numerous other accidents have taken place across the island, according to reports.
- No coronavirus in Guadeloupe February 28, 2020 8:54 PM
- Three suspected cases of coronavirus in Guadeloupe; tests in progress February 28, 2020 2:52 PM
- Caricom holds emergency meeting February 28, 2020 2:22 PM
- Iconic Kassav singer hospitalized in Martinique February 28, 2020 12:00 PM
- Family loses everything in Sarrot fire February 28, 2020 11:13 AM
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020 11:03 AM
- Regional travel taxes comparatively low – Fedee February 28, 2020 10:33 AM
- Caribbean on high alert for deadly Covid-19 February 28, 2020 10:18 AM
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020 9:08 AM