Share This On:
Saint Lucia Carnival is in high gear: It’s the second day of the Parade of Bands.
And Prime Minister Allen Chastanet wants us to be safe.
Chastanet, writing on his official Facebook post on Monday, wished everyone a fun but safe carnival.
“Wishing all the carnival bands, revelers and spectators a safe and enjoyable 2 days of partying,” he wrote.
But the prime minister urged everyone to put safety first.
“Always remember that your safety and that of those around you comes first!,” Chastanet said.
The prime minister’s safety advice comes as the island records another serious accident.
On Monday morning, a Dennery minibus overturned in Bexon injuring at least eight people, and on Sunday, also in Bexon, a sports utility vehicle (SUV) overturned and landed between two houses after hitting a parked SUV.
Numerous other accidents have taken place across the island, according to reports.
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM
- Community consultation to mark commencement of Fond Mange` Road Reconstruction Project February 24, 2020 1:27 PM
- Fuel price adjustments February 24, 2020 8:59 AM
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM