Share This On:
Saint Lucia Carnival is in high gear: It’s the second day of the Parade of Bands.
And Prime Minister Allen Chastanet wants us to be safe.
Chastanet, writing on his official Facebook post on Monday, wished everyone a fun but safe carnival.
“Wishing all the carnival bands, revelers and spectators a safe and enjoyable 2 days of partying,” he wrote.
But the prime minister urged everyone to put safety first.
“Always remember that your safety and that of those around you comes first!,” Chastanet said.
The prime minister’s safety advice comes as the island records another serious accident.
On Monday morning, a Dennery minibus overturned in Bexon injuring at least eight people, and on Sunday, also in Bexon, a sports utility vehicle (SUV) overturned and landed between two houses after hitting a parked SUV.
Numerous other accidents have taken place across the island, according to reports.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM