Share This On:
Saint Lucia Carnival is in high gear: It’s the second day of the Parade of Bands.
And Prime Minister Allen Chastanet wants us to be safe.
Chastanet, writing on his official Facebook post on Monday, wished everyone a fun but safe carnival.
“Wishing all the carnival bands, revelers and spectators a safe and enjoyable 2 days of partying,” he wrote.
But the prime minister urged everyone to put safety first.
“Always remember that your safety and that of those around you comes first!,” Chastanet said.
The prime minister’s safety advice comes as the island records another serious accident.
On Monday morning, a Dennery minibus overturned in Bexon injuring at least eight people, and on Sunday, also in Bexon, a sports utility vehicle (SUV) overturned and landed between two houses after hitting a parked SUV.
Numerous other accidents have taken place across the island, according to reports.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM