Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet said the Saint Lucia government anticipates that 2020 will be an “extremely promising year”, urging everyone to make 2020 one of the best years in Saint Lucia’s history.
Chastanet made the comment on his official Facebook page as he chaired the first Cabinet meeting of the New Year on Monday, January 6, 2020.
“We anticipate that 2020 will be an extremely promising year for Saint Lucia as we strive to continue the positive momentum that we saw in 2019 which included record tourism arrivals, continued national economic growth, further reductions in unemployment and other initiatives and projects that have benefited and will continue to benefit thousands of Saint Lucians,” he wrote.
He added: “As we continue the work of Building a New & Progressive Saint Lucia which benefits ALL, some of the issues being discussed in Cabinet today include scholarships, the continuation of the Island-wide Road Rehabilitation project (the largest in our country’s history), the 2020 Population Census and strategic interventions in the areas of Healthcare, Justice & Security, Agriculture, Education and specific initiatives to continue supporting the most vulnerable in our society.”
The prime minister said the government needs the participation and support of every Saint Lucian “if we are to take our beloved country to new heights of prosperity”.
“Let’s make 2020 one of the best year’s in Saint Lucia’s history!” he concluded.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM