Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has been busy spearheading national efforts to combat the dreaded novel coronavirus COVID-19 but he has not forgotten the constituency which elected him.
In a Facebook post, the prime minister reached out to his Micoud South constituency, offering “relief and support”.
“My constituents of Micoud South who need relief and support during the COVID-19 shutdown can receive assistance by contacting any of the included support numbers.vI have also included contact numbers for the agriculture extension officers for our district for farmers who may also require advice and assistance during this time,” he wrote.
For assistance with Micoud South COVID-19 Relief & Support please contact:
(758) 489-3233; (758) 717-1643 or (758) 518-8924; (758) 713-9517 or (758) 712-2539
Agriculture extension officers:
(758) 725-5367 or (758) 725-4774; (758) 724-4155 or (758) 725-4684; (758) 716-3205
Saint Lucia has, to date, recorded 13 positive cases of COVID-19, and no death. Of those cases, one person has recovered and two others were repatriated. However, the prime minister said Wednesday, that based on current trends, up to 132 persons in Saint Lucia could be infected by April 14, 2020.
- BREAKING: Borders open June 4; visitors must present negative test, undergo quarantine
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30