Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has been re-elected unopposed as political leader of the United Workers Party (UWP).
The party held its 2018 Conference of Delegates in Vieux Fort on Sunday, November 11, 2018 with 300 delegates from all 17 constituencies represented.
All executive positions in the party were up for nomination, the majority of which went unopposed.
Deputy political leaders Ezechiel Joseph and Gale Rigobert were also re-elected unopposed.
The nominations for chairman, first and a second deputy chairman went unchallenged resulting in Oswald Augustin, Nancy Charles and Francis Denbow automatically being placed in these positions, respectively.
The conference of delegates concluded with an address by the re-elected political leader Chastanet, who updated the delegates on upcoming plans for Hewanorra airport, St. Jude Hospital, OKEU, DSH, the cruise ship port in Vieux Fort, and other development projects. He encouraged delegates to continue supporting their government and reiterated his team’s commitment to fulfilling the promises made in the party’s 2016 elections manifesto.
The conference approved the agenda for the upcoming national convention to be held on Sunday, December 9, 2018 in Gros Islet.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools