Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has met with Kuwaiti Ambassador Mohamed Fadel Khalaf to discuss road upgrades in the north of the island.
He was accompanied by Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour, Stephenson King. The meeting was held on Monday morning, March 18.
Chastanet said discussions were mainly focused on the government’s plan to expand road in the north, including the Choc to Gros Islet Highway.
“And our strategic plan to conduct major upgrades to the secondary roads and back roads in the north of the island,” he said.
The prime minister added that this project will be financed through the OPEC Fund for International Development and the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM