Share This On:
(SNO) — Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has met with Kuwaiti Ambassador Mohamed Fadel Khalaf to discuss road upgrades in the north of the island.
He was accompanied by Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour, Stephenson King. The meeting was held on Monday morning, March 18.
Chastanet said discussions were mainly focused on the government’s plan to expand road in the north, including the Choc to Gros Islet Highway.
“And our strategic plan to conduct major upgrades to the secondary roads and back roads in the north of the island,” he said.
The prime minister added that this project will be financed through the OPEC Fund for International Development and the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development.
- BREAKING: Borders open June 4; visitors must present negative test, undergo quarantine
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’