Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Prime Minister Honourable Allen Michael Chastanet is currently attending the Fourth Sitting of the OECS Assembly at the Parliament Building in St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda.
Today’s session will include statements on the occasion of its accession to the Revised Treaty of Basseterre by Guadeloupe and on the election of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to the United Nations Security Council.
Heads of government of the OECS are also expected to receive updates from Member States on recovery efforts and delivery of aid pledges in aftermath of hurricane Irma. Discussions will include climate change action in the OECS and de-risking in the region and the potential loss of correspondent banking relation.
Tune in to the session live: http://abstvradio.com/live-streaming/
In the prime minister’s absence, Minister for Equity, Social Justice, Local Government and Empowerment, Honourable Lenard Montoute serves as acting prime minister.
- Three suspected cases of coronavirus in Guadeloupe; tests in progress February 28, 2020 2:52 PM
- Caricom holds emergency meeting February 28, 2020 2:22 PM
- Iconic Kassav singer hospitalized in Martinique February 28, 2020 12:00 PM
- Family loses everything in Sarrot fire February 28, 2020 11:13 AM
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020 11:03 AM
- Regional travel taxes comparatively low – Fedee February 28, 2020 10:33 AM
- Caribbean on high alert for deadly Covid-19 February 28, 2020 10:18 AM
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020 9:08 AM
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM