Share This On:
Dear Editor: It is with disappointment I am writing this. I have been living in Fond Desruisseaux, which is also called Fond Brapain or Breadfruit Street, for many years, and the residents of this place deserve way better.
Our road is in a deplorable state and it has not been fixed for so many years. Many residents have complained about this road and would really like something to be done about it. It feels like we are not part of civilization in this area and it is very difficult for vehicles and also people to travel this road.
The residents of Fond Desruisseaux are very friendly and heartwarming people. These individuals deserve much better than this. They deserve a road and gutter as well. When it rains there is water every where on the road because there is no drains or gutters in some parts of the area and this affects us badly. It is very difficult for children to go to school as well because they have to walk in mud so they can go to school. It is difficult for people to walk on the road as well, especially the elderly.
It is difficult for drivers as well to travel on this road. I have seen how long an ambulance took to drive down this road, just to reach at the house they had to. Some drivers have even refused to drive down this road as well, and would prefer passengers wait by the main road. Some complain that the road has damaged their vehicle and so on.
This road I am talking about is leading or connects to the main road and has never been fixed for years. And nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done about it for many years. I will not even elaborate on the bushes that have grown in certain areas. The residents do their best here to live in this area even though it feels like we have been abandoned.
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM