Share This On:
Prime Minister and Minister for Finance, Economic Affairs, Planning and Social Security, Hon. Dr. Kenny D. Anthony will travel to St. Kitts and Nevis on Thursday, February 13, 2014, to chair the 78th meeting of the Monetary Council of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank at the ECCB Headquarters.
The council will deliberate on the monetary and credit conditions in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union and will receive the governor’s Financial Stability, Consolidation and Development Report, as of September 2013.
On Saturday, February 15, 2014, the prime minister will chair a meeting between the Monetary Council and Public Service Unions and Associations in the currency area. This meeting will explore the possibility of agreeing on common positions to respond to the economic crisis in the region.
Prime minister Anthony will be accompanied by Mr. Francis Fontenelle, acting director of budget in the Ministry of Finance.
Following the meeting in St Kitts and Nevis, the prime minister will proceed on five days leave. The prime minister plans to spend his time in the United Kingdom. The Prime Minister returns to Saint Lucia on Thursday, February 20, 2014, in time to celebrate the 35th anniversary of independence with nationals and citizens.
Hon. Philip J. Pierre, deputy prime minister and minister for Infrastructure, Port Services and Transport will act as prime minister and minister for Finance and Economic Affairs, while Dr. Anthony is out of island.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019
- NWU Secretary General elected to serve on Regional Council November 21, 2019
- Invest Saint Lucia CEO shouts: “The south shall rise again!” November 21, 2019
- ISL Entrepreneurship Meet-Up goes to Vieux Fort November 21, 2019
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019