Share This On:
(SNO) – A man has been hospitalised after he was reportedly struck by a motor vehicle near the Bisee junction on the Vide Boutielle Highway in Castries on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 15.
The accident occurred in the vicinity of the pedestrian bridge.
Video clips showing the aftermath of the accident have begun to appear on social media.
In the videos, the victim, identified as Perci Lewis, 20, of Monchy, Gros Islet, is face-down on the road, next to a parked car, and being attended to by at least two people, a man and a woman, with curious onlookers nearby. It was not immediately known if the car shown next to the victim in the videos was involved in the accident.
In one of the videos, persons say the victim was struck while attempting to cross the road.
A male says in the video that the man appears to have sustained a broken hand and leg.
Our newsroom also received reports that emergency services responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area at 4:26 p.m. and transported a male, by ambulance, to Victoria Hospital with a leg injury.
The current medical condition of the man is not known.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Below are two video clips of the accident. Be advised that the videos may appear graphic to some persons.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM