Share This On:
(SNO) – A man has been hospitalised after he was reportedly struck by a motor vehicle near the Bisee junction on the Vide Boutielle Highway in Castries on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 15.
The accident occurred in the vicinity of the pedestrian bridge.
Video clips showing the aftermath of the accident have begun to appear on social media.
In the videos, the victim, identified as Perci Lewis, 20, of Monchy, Gros Islet, is face-down on the road, next to a parked car, and being attended to by at least two people, a man and a woman, with curious onlookers nearby. It was not immediately known if the car shown next to the victim in the videos was involved in the accident.
In one of the videos, persons say the victim was struck while attempting to cross the road.
A male says in the video that the man appears to have sustained a broken hand and leg.
Our newsroom also received reports that emergency services responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area at 4:26 p.m. and transported a male, by ambulance, to Victoria Hospital with a leg injury.
The current medical condition of the man is not known.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Below are two video clips of the accident. Be advised that the videos may appear graphic to some persons.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM