Share This On:
(SNO) – A man has been hospitalised after he was reportedly struck by a motor vehicle near the Bisee junction on the Vide Boutielle Highway in Castries on Saturday afternoon, Sept. 15.
The accident occurred in the vicinity of the pedestrian bridge.
Video clips showing the aftermath of the accident have begun to appear on social media.
In the videos, the victim, identified as Perci Lewis, 20, of Monchy, Gros Islet, is face-down on the road, next to a parked car, and being attended to by at least two people, a man and a woman, with curious onlookers nearby. It was not immediately known if the car shown next to the victim in the videos was involved in the accident.
In one of the videos, persons say the victim was struck while attempting to cross the road.
A male says in the video that the man appears to have sustained a broken hand and leg.
Our newsroom also received reports that emergency services responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area at 4:26 p.m. and transported a male, by ambulance, to Victoria Hospital with a leg injury.
The current medical condition of the man is not known.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Below are two video clips of the accident. Be advised that the videos may appear graphic to some persons.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM