Share This On:
A young male pedestrian whose leg was severed during a road accident on the Vide Boutielle Highway early Monday morning (June 10), has died, according to law enforcement sources.
A law enforcement source said the victim’s name is Ted Leriche.
The victim’s Facebook profile page has been receiving ‘RIP’ (rest in peace) messages since mid-morning.
Two amateur videos showing the aftermath of the accident has been circulating on social media.
One shows Ted’s severed leg next to a police cone on the northbound lane and his body facedown on the southbound lane. In this same video, two persons lift Ted and take him to the side of the road.
In the second video, Ted is surrounded by numerous persons, some of whom look agitated. A male tries to force open the door of the car believed to be involved in the accident. Below are the two videos. The second video is very graphic therefore viewer discretion is advised.
- Senior citizen stabbed multiple times in Bocage October 21, 2019 1:14 PM
- UPDATE: Two dead after Castries motorcycle crash October 21, 2019 12:32 PM
- UPDATE: Fatal accident in Castries October 21, 2019 12:02 PM
- Soca artiste launches ‘Born Lucian’ clothing brand October 21, 2019 11:01 AM
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019 10:36 AM
- RC Infant school to now remain closed until Tuesday, Oct 22 October 21, 2019 10:21 AM
- Saint Lucia government approves barrel concessions October 21, 2019 10:13 AM
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM