Share This On:
A young male pedestrian whose leg was severed during a road accident on the Vide Boutielle Highway early Monday morning (June 10), has died, according to law enforcement sources.
A law enforcement source said the victim’s name is Ted Leriche.
The victim’s Facebook profile page has been receiving ‘RIP’ (rest in peace) messages since mid-morning.
Two amateur videos showing the aftermath of the accident has been circulating on social media.
One shows Ted’s severed leg next to a police cone on the northbound lane and his body facedown on the southbound lane. In this same video, two persons lift Ted and take him to the side of the road.
In the second video, Ted is surrounded by numerous persons, some of whom look agitated. A male tries to force open the door of the car believed to be involved in the accident. Below are the two videos. The second video is very graphic therefore viewer discretion is advised.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM