Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Peter and Company Distribution, Saint Lucia’s largest distributor of wines and spirits is proud to be among the first of Dewar’s Caribbean Partners to launch Dewar’s 8-year old Caribbean Smooth Scotch Whisky in the English-Speaking Caribbean.
Dewar’s 8-year old Caribbean Smooth is the first in a line of innovative flavored whiskies finished in rum casks to be launched under the Dewar’s label to match the changing palette and global trend towards flavored whisky.
“Dewar’s 8-year old Caribbean Smooth is a blend like no other in the market. It is unique because it is double-aged. First a blend of 40 single malts and grains are aged for up to eight (8) years and then the aging process is finished for an additional six (6) months in rum casks that originate from the Caribbean which previously held Bacardi Rum. This process adds even more depth of flavor and a distinctly smooth finish; hence the designation, Caribbean Smooth.” stated Michele Kalloo, CEO of Peter and Company Distribution.
Since its debut on January 15, at the company’s three (3) PCD Wines and Spirits retail stores located at Bridge Street, JQ Charles Mall and IGY Rodney Bay Marina, the company has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from both local and visiting whisky connoisseurs along with numerous requests from major hotels, bars and restaurants for this product.
The official launch will be staged in February to coincide with Saint Lucia’s Independence celebrations and will feature an exclusive Master Class to be hosted by Dewar’s international Brand Ambassador who will also appear at exclusive receptions at select locations throughout the island.
More Finance/Business Stories
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020
- Chamber and SLASPA getting down to the business of Port Castries February 17, 2020
- Small business tax filing workshop February 17, 2020
- Export Saint Lucia set to Launch the National Export Strategy February 17, 2020