Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Parliamentary Representative for Vieux Fort South calls upon the Fisheries Complex to settle an outstanding payment to the Vieux Fort fishing community for the supply of fish to the complex for the period March to May, 2017.
According to Dr. Anthony, “While delays in settling payments are not uncommon, a delay of nearly one year is unacceptable. The non-payment of outstanding sums to fisher folk have serious consequences. The fisher folk have families to feed and the economy of Vieux Fort heavily depends on income from the fishing sector.To make matters worse, boat owners are required to pay the extra $1.50 on a gallon of gas thus increasing their costs.If the complex is unable to pay all that is due, then at least dialogue with the representatives of the fisher folk and produce a schedule of payments.”
Dr. Anthony says that he hopes that this matter is resolved within the next month for the latest.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Vieux Fort couple caught with firearm and ammunition
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Saint Lucia receive negative COVID-19 test results for 32 consecutive days
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- UPDATE: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident identified