Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Tuesday May 2nd, 2017, Helene Marie Nestor who resides at Patterson’s Gap, Castries, Saint Lucia, will become part of the elite centenarians club when she celebrates her 100th birthday.
She was born on May 2nd 1917 in Victoria, Choiseul to Epiphan Nestor and Rosaline Celestin.
The celebration for her 100th year will be held at her home at Patterson’s Gap. A small thanksgiving service led by Father Cleophas Joseph of the Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, La Clery will form part of the celebration for this auspicious occasion.
Ms. Nestor, who is the only surviving child amongst her five (5) sisters and two (2) brothers worked as domestic servant for the Devaux family at Mayfield Upper Bridge Street for most of her life.
After retiring from that position, she continued to be self-employed as a market vendor where she sold vegetables and ground provisions to her many customers for the balance of her working life. She stop working after she had been the victim of a hit and run accident on Chaussee Road.
She has one daughter Theodosia Nestor aka Dosia, one granddaughter Lydia Bartholomew and one great granddaughter Shanaya who all reside in the United Kingdom.
Ms. Nestor whose sight is failing continues to remain in fairly good health and high spirit. She is currently being cared for by her many nieces.
The family of Helene Marie Nestor extends thanks to all those who take time off to visit with her in her twilight years and for their attendance and kind support during the celebration of her 100th birthday.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM