Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Tuesday May 2nd, 2017, Helene Marie Nestor who resides at Patterson’s Gap, Castries, Saint Lucia, will become part of the elite centenarians club when she celebrates her 100th birthday.
She was born on May 2nd 1917 in Victoria, Choiseul to Epiphan Nestor and Rosaline Celestin.
The celebration for her 100th year will be held at her home at Patterson’s Gap. A small thanksgiving service led by Father Cleophas Joseph of the Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, La Clery will form part of the celebration for this auspicious occasion.
Ms. Nestor, who is the only surviving child amongst her five (5) sisters and two (2) brothers worked as domestic servant for the Devaux family at Mayfield Upper Bridge Street for most of her life.
After retiring from that position, she continued to be self-employed as a market vendor where she sold vegetables and ground provisions to her many customers for the balance of her working life. She stop working after she had been the victim of a hit and run accident on Chaussee Road.
She has one daughter Theodosia Nestor aka Dosia, one granddaughter Lydia Bartholomew and one great granddaughter Shanaya who all reside in the United Kingdom.
Ms. Nestor whose sight is failing continues to remain in fairly good health and high spirit. She is currently being cared for by her many nieces.
The family of Helene Marie Nestor extends thanks to all those who take time off to visit with her in her twilight years and for their attendance and kind support during the celebration of her 100th birthday.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM