Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – On Tuesday May 2nd, 2017, Helene Marie Nestor who resides at Patterson’s Gap, Castries, Saint Lucia, will become part of the elite centenarians club when she celebrates her 100th birthday.
She was born on May 2nd 1917 in Victoria, Choiseul to Epiphan Nestor and Rosaline Celestin.
The celebration for her 100th year will be held at her home at Patterson’s Gap. A small thanksgiving service led by Father Cleophas Joseph of the Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, La Clery will form part of the celebration for this auspicious occasion.
Ms. Nestor, who is the only surviving child amongst her five (5) sisters and two (2) brothers worked as domestic servant for the Devaux family at Mayfield Upper Bridge Street for most of her life.
After retiring from that position, she continued to be self-employed as a market vendor where she sold vegetables and ground provisions to her many customers for the balance of her working life. She stop working after she had been the victim of a hit and run accident on Chaussee Road.
She has one daughter Theodosia Nestor aka Dosia, one granddaughter Lydia Bartholomew and one great granddaughter Shanaya who all reside in the United Kingdom.
Ms. Nestor whose sight is failing continues to remain in fairly good health and high spirit. She is currently being cared for by her many nieces.
The family of Helene Marie Nestor extends thanks to all those who take time off to visit with her in her twilight years and for their attendance and kind support during the celebration of her 100th birthday.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM