Share This On:
Playing before a packed Sabina Park crowd in Kingstown, the Patriots were rolled over for a paltry 75-run which signalled their sixth loss in seven matches.
Winning the toss and asking the Tallawahs to bat, the Patriots quickly removed openers Chadwick Walton and Chris Gayle with the score on 20, but a 74-run partnership between Rovman Powell (35) and Kumar Sangakkara (65) laid the platform for the big hitters to come.
The Patriots bowlers had no answer for the strong hitting from Sangakkara who blasted 7x4s and 2x6s before he was removed hooking a slower short ball from Krishmar Santokie to be caught at the midwicket boundary.
Andre Russell and Shakib Al Hasan punished the poor bowling by all of the Patriots bowlers, including young pacer Alzarri Joseph who proved to be the most expensive with figures of four overs, 63 runs and no wicket, as the Tallawahs posted a competitive 183 for 6.
More Sports Stories
- WIPA extends sympathies and best wishes to Oshane Thomas February 19, 2020
- Call for Congress of the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia February 13, 2020
- National Independence Tennis Tournament 2020 February 11, 2020
- Digicel SPLT2020 draft February 11, 2020
- Five dynamic swimmers will take the plunge at UANA February 10, 2020
- Racing for love – Independence Day celebration February 10, 2020
- 2nd annual ‘Strides of Unity’ youth baton relay February 6, 2020
- National Basketball players prepare for four regional tournaments February 3, 2020