Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE– Pay-By-License-Plate Parking Terminals are coming to the City of Castries soon.
The Terminals will be installed in the William Peter Boulevard and on various streets in the city.
The new multi-space meters will help increase on-street parking turn-over and create more parking availability for shoppers and visitors to the City.
Payment can be made by notes, coin, credit or debit card, visa or MasterCard, tokens or a pay-by-phone system.
Members of the public can expect more sensitization on the installation of the parking devices, as the Office of the mayor will undertake a comprehensive public education drive in the coming weeks.
The Mayor of Castries, His Lordship Peterson D. Francis says the new terminals are more about managing limited parking spaces.
“It’s about creating more parking spaces, turning over spaces and thereby allowing more people the opportunity for parking. It’s about embracing new standards in the City of Castries. Consultations have begun and we plan to continue with other sectors, stakeholders and civil society organizations. It is during these meetings that rates will be agreed”.
The parking terminals should arrive by July of this year.
More All News Stories
- Soufriere Police Station renovations complete November 21, 2019
- BVI visas to go on sale, Premier announces November 21, 2019
- Family drags uncle’s corpse to insurance company to prove he’s dead November 21, 2019
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019
- Sen. Hon. Mary Isaac participates in the LAC Board Meeting November 21, 2019
- Trinidad: Man charged with possession of flour November 21, 2019